Tuesday 15 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Things (That Aren't Books) That I'd Like To Own

Hey Guys.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks Top Ten are Bookish things. Things you would like to have or do actually already have.
This is my first post of Top Ten so I hope you enjoy this post.

1) I do actually already own this. I saw this mug on the opening credits of Debra's Bookcafe videos on youtube and had to get it. My fiancé actually bought it for me, for Christmas.














2) Even though I have a full bookshelf and wouldn't have space to use bookends. I really like these. They are generally basic but to me stand out so well as it's just two people reading a book and I love them so much.










3) A kindle. I don't mind what type it is as long as it has a light for background so I can read in bed whilst my fiancé sleeps without him moaning about the lamp being on. The reason I don't one of these already is because I prefer books, there is nothing better than holding a book and enjoying it's feel, smell and pages, but I am getting asked more and more to review books for publishers but they are all e-books so I guess I must bite the bullet and get one.











4) Now this one, i'm not even sure you can get but when I was looking on the internet for a book mark I found this and I love it. I love the idea of this book bed sheet. It's like going to sleep in a hue book!







5) I have a few tattoos and when I looking for a new design a few weeks ago I saw this picture and thought it was nice. Obviously it's not an item but to have a tattoo for your passion for books is a really good idea. I know people even get quotes from the books tattooed onto themselves.


6) I am not even sure if you can buy one of these, but since reading the Harry Potter books I have always wanted a snitch.







7) I really like this do not disturb sign. As my fiancé likes to watch TV so I go into our bedroom and read, but he gets bored and always disturbs me so if I had this sign maybe he would leave me to read in peace haha.



8) This phone case is super cool. I want one right now.






9) A bookshelf Shower Curtain. Is a cool idea. You should be able to personalise them yourselves and have your favourite books on display or even quotes from your favourite books.

10) A book chair. This is my favourite out of all the ones i have picked for this list. This chair has shelf storage for your books/tbr and then a place for food or a drink. This would be even better if it reclined so you could fully relax in the chair and unwind with a great book.







Well I really enjoyed doing this post. It opened my eyes a little wider to see how book the book world actually is. Sometimes you feel on your own reading books, but this post helped me see it's not just me. I will be honest I had a hard time finding two or three things for this list, but I found some really interesting things from doing this post.
I hope you will join me in this weeks top ten list.
Laura xx

7 comments:

  1. That iPhone case is amazing! I mean, I don't own an iPhone (minor detail XD) buuut I love that case so much!! And I have SUCH a mug fettish! I absolutely love nerdy mugs. :) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too many mugs but i couldnt resist. Thank you for commenting. I now am i follower to your blog feel free to follow back. X

      Delete
  2. That bookshelf shower curtain is amazing, I want it! I'm also wanting to get a Kindle soon, the Paperwhite in particular. I have the Kindle app on my iPod but a Paperwhite would be nice.

    Under The Mountain's reading rooms that will make you drool. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If i am honest i was a bit put off a kindle as i prefer books but im getting ask to review a few books now and most of them are e books x

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the book chair! I'm gonna buy one of those one of these days...

    My Top Ten Tuesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the book chair! I'm always trying to get everything I need in one spot before I read so I don't have to get up and interrupt my reading :) This chair seems like the perfect answer.
    Shaina
    www.tyndale.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the chair myself. I dont know if it reclines but i think it would be so much better if it did.

      Delete