Wednesday 23 April 2014

My Bookshelf Tour.

Hey Guys,
Today I thought I would do something different and do a bookshelf tour. Even thought my love for books has been since I was a little girl my old bedroom, when I lived with my mother, wasn't big enough for all my things and a bookshelf. My mother did have bookshelves but they were for her office for work books and DVD's so until I moved out I never had a bookshelf. Infact, I used to store my books in a plastic storage container underneath my bed and have small TBR pile on my bedside table. When I had space to have a bookshelf it was the first thing I bought for my new house.

Sorry the lighting isn't great in this picture but I wanted you to see an over view on my bookshelf. It's a standard white Billy bookshelf from Ikea With 7 shelves. I have sorted my books out to my liking. I would like to say these aren't all my books, this are all my favourites or TBR's.

Unless my books are in series I have my books in page number order. As they are already in genre order, but if I feel like a quick read I got to the start of shelf and if I want a bigger read I go to the end. I wouldn't normally do this, but I am currently doing the Big book challenge on Goodreads and I find it easier to find/choose a "big" book.



This is my Misc shelf. On my first shelf are a few Tess Gerritsen books that are stand alone books. Up to The Invisible ones are a few books that I have that are in a series but I haven't got the whole series yet. Then I have obsession series, Divergent series and Game series. As you can see there are other books they are the ones my fiancĂ© bought for me recently. I also have two "ornaments" My butter beer cup from Harry Potter world and a small keep sake "For Daughter with love" which my mum got me for my 13th birthday.
This is my favourite shelf. This is my Patricia Cornwell series collection. I have read all of Patricia Cornwell's books and just waiting for Dust to come out in paperback. I also have a few others, on this shelf, I haven't read yet to fill the gap. As you can see I have a small Ornament on the edge of myself. SAW is my favourite film collection I have watched them countless amounts of times and still never got bored. In the film, there is a puppet called Billy and when I saw this as a earphone jack for you mobile I had to buy it, but from putting the phone in my pocket and bag Billy fell off so I kept him to sit on my "thriller" shelf. I think he goes well with the theme of the books.
This is to me is my "chick flick" shelf. These are all happy, love stories and I do have one thriller on this shelf as I ran out of space for it on other shelves but is the next book I am going to read. I didn't put an ornament on my bookshelf as I think the colours of the spines of these books are really pretty and should be shown off.
This shelf is also a "thriller/crime" shelf. By now I think you can guess my favourite genre. The Scott Mariani books are a series I just haven't got them all yet but as I have most of them I thought I but them on a shelf together. The slasher movies books isn't a novel it's a book with all the scary films in, and this books tells you all about the film, who wrote it, producer it and who's in it. As you can see I have a little Smurf reading a book on this shelf. I have had him for years and I always stick him with bluetack to make him stand up on things.
This is my kids/series book shelf. I have two books from when I was growing up. They are the two books my mum used to read to me the most when I was little and I have kept them for sentimental value. I then have the Meerkat Manor collection. I love Meerkats and my mum bought these me as a joke, but I like them anyway. They are ment for kids but one I will get the chance to read them to my own kids. Then I have the Harry potter library books and Harry Potter series. I also have Heidi, my nan(my mums mum) was Austrian which makes my quarter Austrian and she told me a story in Viennese once and even thought I didn't understand what she was saying, I asked what it was she told me it was Heidi and then bought the book for me. We would watch the film and read the book together I loved it and still do if I am honest. I also have the Twilight series, The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner Series.

These are my two childhood books that my mum used to read to me. Laura's Star was always my favourite as I am also called Laura it had a special place in my heart.








This is my "True Life" shelf. This are mostly real stories from celebrities and others about people/children that have bad lives to start with. As you can see I do have a couple crime/thrillers in there too, but i have no where else to put them.

This is my "Kathy Reichs and other series" shelf. I have most of the Kathy Reichs books and have recently started reading this series. On this shelf I put a small TBR pile and I also have my other series collections. They aren't all complete but, I wanted to keep these books altogether.

Well I hope you enjoyed this post, it was something different compared to book reviewing all the time.
See you soon.
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment