Wednesday 12 March 2014

Hunger Games Triology Review.

Hey Guys,
My last three book reviews were a review of each book in The Hunger Games book series, today i will be reviewing the series as a whole collection. I hope you enjoy it.
As you may know i borrowed this series off a family friend and enjoyed the start of The Hunger games so much i went and purchased the whole collection myself. I enjoyed this series so much and i have recommended to everyone who would listen. I have put it second place in my series favorites after Harry Potter and before Twilight. Each book has it's own storyline but all go together to make a great collection.
I think the collection is quite strange as it's set as in olden times, as in, having to fend for themselves, by growing and catching their own food, but at the same time it is very futuristic. The capitol and the hunger games are futuristic yet how they have to live in each district they only have small houses and stuff.
I really did enjoy getting to know Katniss as a character and Peeta also, yet at the same time i don't understand why you don't get to know how Katniss really feels for Peeta till the very end of the series and even when you do, you feel as though it is all a dream/false. I think it would of made the series much better if you knew how she felt but she had kept a secret from other people.
One thing i didn't understand about the series on a whole, yet it didn't come to light until the last book. I don't understand why in the books they could remove hair for weeks on end, make skin look perfect and remove cuts, bruises and even scars from the skin forever, yet at the same time when it came to Peeta and Katniss going crazy they couldn't heal them. I would of thought from them being so futuristic that they would of been able to control the mind if they can control districts serparately for so long.
I have watched The Hunger Games film and loved it, i thought it was great film, they missed out little parts but left all the important parts in it. I didn't go to see Catching Fire in the cinemas, but i am watching to buy it on DVD. I wil purchase the whole DVD collection.
Altogether i really enjoyed this series and will be re-reading soon. The storyline was so good and i loved it so much. I don't know how to put into words how much i enjoyed this series. Each book does have it's own story but it read best in order to understand more of the storylines.
See you soon.
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment