Sunday 16 March 2014

Cast a Harry Potter Spell!

Hey Guys,
Today I thought I would do a tag for you and I came upon this tag on here. It was originally from Flip that page here. On Feed me books now's blog and loved the sound of it so decided to do it myself.

Reparo

fixes damaged objects
A book that needs some serious fixing: The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom. The cover and synopsis of this book sounded brilliant I so badly wanted to read this book but the book it's self was in my opinion a big let down. I have done a blog post on it here.

Lumos

creates a narrow beam of light
A book that deserves more attention: Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell. I know a lot of people enjoy Patricia Cornwell books but I feel this book didn't get the hype it really deserved.

Nox

counters the effects of Lumos
An overhyped book: The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith/J k Rowling. I was recommended this book by a lot of people, I had newsletters and emails about how great this book is and I also was told by fellow Goodreaders or blogger it was a great book, me myself I thought it was okay not as good as I was expecting though.

Accio

summons an object from a significant distance
A book you’re anticipating: Dust by Patricia Cornwell. I know this book is already out, but I don't own a kindle and don't like hardbacks so I am waiting for it to come out in paperback.

Alohomora

opens unlocked doors, unless bewitched
A book you want to be more open about: Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James. I am not into reading erotic novels I have tried but I just couldn't get in to it and when the sex parts came I felt awkward, but I think that is because I was a lot younger and since starting this blog I have tried different books. 

Expecto Patronum

conjures an incarnation of positive feelings
A book that made you cry, or at least want to: Ghost Girl by Torey Hayden. This story touched my heart and life so much I have re-read count less times and everytime I cry. I love it so much it is very up lifting.

Morsmordre

conjures the Dark Mark
A book you wish to mark as one of your favorites: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J K Rowling. I don't know why in the whole series this one is my favourite as it was hyped about as much as the first or last book but I really enjoyed this book.

Petrificus Totalus

petrifies victim
A book you wish to keep forever: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Do I really need to explain why?

Protego

shield charm
An intimidating book you keep putting off: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I have seen the film and had the book for at least 4 years, but it's so big in page numbers I always put it safely back on it's shelf and tell myself it's going to be the next book I read.

Riddikulus

used against a boggart
A book with a deceiving synopsis: The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom. Same reason as before (reparo) it sounded like a great book....oh boy was I wrong.

Lacarnum Inflamarae

shoots fireballs
A book you wish to burn out of your mind completely: The Birthing House By Christopher Ransom. Can you tell I really didn't like this book yet?

Wingardium Leviosa

levitates objects
A book you wish to reread: The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Oh boy what a great page turner.

Avada Kedavra

causes instant death
Worst book EVER: The Haunted by Niki Valentine. I hated this book, it was so predictable and it was so easy to read I felt I was reading a book for a 5 year old. I have written a blog post here.

So there you go I really enjoyed doing this book tag.
See you soon
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment