Monday 5 August 2013

The unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry By Rachel Joyce.

Hey guys,
It's been a while.. sorry I have been on a little holiday which was a nice break but I'm back.
Today I thought I would write a book review on a book I recently read. I have the Waterstones app on my phone and every so often I like to look for new books out now or coming soon, and I had seen The unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry was very popular and highly recommended book and I had read many great reviews online so when I found in a local shop for £3 I thought bargin and purchased it.
Blurb/Synopsis: When Harold Fry nips out one morning to post a letter, leaving his wife hoovering upstairs, he has no idea that he is about to walk from one end of the country to the other. He has no hiking boots or map, let alone a compass, waterproof or mobile phone. All he knows is that he must keep walking. To save someone else's life.

This isn't my typical book I tend to go for, but because it had great reviews I thought I would give it a go and I loved every single page. It starts out how The main character (Harold Fry) receives a letter from a old work colleague saying she has got cancer and is dying. Harold writes back and leaves to post the letter but after walking past 5 post boxes he finds a letter isn't enough and he feel he should go see her and decides to walk from one end of the country to the other. It is a heart warming story with many ups and downs. Each character has their own story and you get to know each and every one of them a little. Throughout the book Harold meets many wonderful people and sees people in different lights. It's a brilliant book which I highly recommend every one to read. It's a great page turner and quite an easy book to read. If given the time you could read this in one to two sittings. The ending is brilliant and would be great as a film. This is a book I would read all over again.
4.5 out of 5.
Hope you enjoyed this book review.
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment