Wednesday 21 August 2013

Island By Richard Laymon.

Hey guys,
Todays post is a book review.. I was recommended this book to read by my step father as Richard Laymon is his favourite author. He actually lent me this book to read and it took me awhile to begin to read it as I thought I wouldn't enjoy it.

Blurb/Synopsis: When eight people go on a cruise in the Bahamas, they plan to swim, sunbathe and relax. Getting shipwrecked is definitely not in the script. But after the yacht blows up they're stranded on a deserted island, and there's a maniac on the loose.

As the Blurb says eight people go on holiday together in a ship and it gets blown up and they are all stranded on an island. People start to go missing and turn up dead. This book is 504 pages long and each page turned leaves you wanting more. I would like to say by page 78 you do realise who is killing everyone, but it doesn't ruin the book if anything it make it even better. This book is written as a journal kind of thing and is written in first person, some parts of the story aren't for the faint hearted as it is goes into details on some horrific scenes. It's kind of horrible fun, it keeps you entertained but not in a good way. Many twists and turns within the story that leaves you wanting more, the details within the story are brilliant and allows you to really picture what is happening. The ending of the story is a cliff hanger and It left me looking on the internet wanting more, I searched for a sequel and found they are trying to make this book into a film and I hope this goes ahead. I will definatly be reading more of Richard Laymon's books as he was a very talented writer, sadly he passed away when he was 50 years old but he legacy will still go on.
4.5 our of 5.
Hope you enjoyed this.
Laura xx
*image was taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment