Wednesday 24 July 2013

What Do You Do When You read...?

Hey guys,
Today I thought I would talk about what people do when they read, I bet you sat there thinking well obviously we all read but, what I mean is what do you do with the information? I have asked a few people this recently and I had a few answers so I thought I would share them with you and you can tell me what you do when you read.
1) Read between the lines: Some people really take in the information and read between the lines and get more information. Eg. The cat sat on the mat... Some "read between the lines" people will wonder what colour is the mat?, what colour is the cat? Why did he sit on the mat? They get more information out of a little sentence. As other will just think he sat on a mat and so what? "Read between the lines" people will think he sat on a mat why? where? These type of people usually feel the story lines more and may even get emotional with what is happening within the book.
2) Scanner: These people scan over the words but don't take them in as much, they will only remember parts of the book or if any at all. Scanners tend to read very quickly as there are not taking the information in totally it's as if they are taking it in, in one ear and out the other. Sometimes if someone has other things are on there mind or don't feel like reading they will become a scanner and will have to go back over what they just read. I do sometimes do this myself.
3) I was there: Many people I have spoke to tend to read the same way I do... Best way to explain this type of reader is, they picture themselves either as a character within the story, they feel what the character feels like pain, sadness and happiness or, like I do, I tend to put myself in the story as if its happening around me and I'm sat in the middle watching it all happen. I don't tend to feel for characters but I tend to feel the shock as I would if I were watching a film.
I hope you understood what I said when I tried to explain different ways people read books, Let me know in the comments below which type you are or if you are a different type and tell me about it below. Also I would love to know if you are a mix of all them and why? I tend to be a scanner when I don't feel like reading but most of the time a I was there person.
Hope you enjoyed this blog.
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment