Thursday 29 August 2013

Risk By Dick Francis.

Hey guys,
Another book review. Risk by Dick francis. As mentioned in my previous blog here I bought this book in a collection from WhSmith and to be honest I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did.

Blurb/Synopsis: As an amateur jockey, Roland Britten was lucky; as an accountant he was zealous. He knew he was on the hate list of several fraudsters, but never thought pen-pushers got kidnapped - not from a racecourse. Not long after winning the Cheltenham Gold Cup. The identity of the kidnappers unknown, the reason behind Britten's abduction is a mystery. Then, with the help of old school headmistress Hilary Pinlock, he escapes and begins to use his accountant's logic to track his abductors down. But they have other ideas ...
I was quite surprised at this book as it had been written in 1979 so I was expecting it to be written as it was in them times but this book is written very well. I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as the rest I purchased and also didn't expect it to be such a page turner. It's not a book I would read again but it is one I would recommend. The main character Roland is kidnapped but he escapes with a little bit of help but not for long as they kidnap him again. Roland goes on the hunt for his kidnappers and obviously succeeds but along the way there are many twists and turns. It is written in first person and after awhile you sense he knows who the kidnappers are but it leaves you guessing the little hints here and there. The book is a great read although I would like to add, why he slept the Hilary the Headmistress was beyond me as, yes she helped him escapes but I think that part of the story would have made it better getting left out. This book had 314 pages in it so wasn't a very long book but even so was an good book.
3 out of 5.
What books have you read lately?
Laura xx
*Image taken from Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment