Sunday 5 January 2014

Reading Habits Tag.

Hey Guys,
Today I thought I would do a tag for you. I recently found this on YouTube and even though I'm not on YouTube I still wanted to do this tag for you guys, so you can maybe find out a little bit more about myself.

Question 1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I love reading in two places at home, first place is in bed all snuggled up warm a Yankee/scented candle going and a lovely hot drink. Second place is in a chair in my living room, no TV on just me and a book.
Question 2) Book mark or random piece of paper?
Book mark all the way. I actually get myself a yearly calendar. It's a bookmark with each month on and at the 1st of every month I chance it to the next month. I love these types of book marks as they come in very handy sometimes. I also purchase them for other family or friends and they have come to love them too.
Question 3) Can you stop reading or do you stop at the end of a chapter?
I try to always finish a chapter, but say in the morning I have a spare 10 minutes before work nd I read a bit if I don't finish the chapter I have to leave it obviously but 90% of the time I have to finish the chapter.
Question 4) Do you drink or eat whilst reading?
Yes I do drink whilst I'm reading and sometimes I have been known to eat too but only if the book is really good and I can't put it down. I try not to eat by books though as you can get dirty marks on the books, I would say I only eat sandwiches and crisps whilst I read.
Question 5) Do you multitask whilst reading a book? Eg music or TV
No I prefer silence so I can really get into a book. I don't mind the TV on if someone is watching but I prefer peace and quiet.
Question 6) One book at a time or several?
I have tried reading several books at a time but I found I got a little confused which characters were in which book. I prefer to enjoy one book at a time as you can get the books full potential.
Question 7) Reading at home or elsewhere?
I usually read at home as I'm not the type of person to go sit in a café or coffee shop reading. I try to stay away from reading on journeys too, as I get bad travel sickness.
Question 8) Read out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. When I was younger at school we had to read out loud so the teachers could hear us read correctly and once you were a very good reader you became a "free reader" which meant you could choose your own books to read, once a term you still had to read out loud but other than that you could read all by yourself. I used to hate reading out loud to people and kind of still do, but luckily I was a great reader and become the youngest in my school to become a "free reader" and I loved it.
Question 9) Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Once I did read ahead to see how book would end as it was very, very long winded but I regretted after so much as the book was actually really good in the end. I wished I hadn't skipped ahead. As for skipping pages I have done that on one book Misery By Stephen King as parts of the book was a book a main character was writing himself to keep himself alive and I didn't want to read the book within in the book so I skipped those parts, it didn't ruin the book for me as I still enjoyed it so much but other than those twice I don't read ahead or skip pages.
Question 10) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new. I love the look of new fresh books and want to keep them that way as long as I have them. If I buy a book for a market or car boot and the spine is already broken I do cringe a little but I can't help that.
Question 11) Do you write in your books?
Not anymore, when I was little as I mentioned earlier in this post I was a free reader so my mum or step dad would buy me a lot of books, I found they would go missing so my mother used to write my names in them and as I got older I did that myself but now unless it's a educational book I don't in books and sometimes I just get a notebook to write in for books.

I hope you enjoyed this post/tag and I tag all of you to do this too.
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment