Wednesday 16 October 2013

If i Stay By Gayle Forman.

Hey guys,
I'm back with another book review for you all. If I stay isn't a book I would typically go for as I think it is written more for teens than adults, but the blurb/synopsis painted a gripping ghostly book.

Blurb/Synopsis:A cold February morning ...a snowy road ...and suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone. Except one. As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all. Gripping, heartrending and ultimately life-affirming.
A family go out on a snowy day and end up in a accident, Mia (the main character) has a out of body experience as she sees the paramedics pulling her from the wreck, now all she has to do is choose live or die... This book was 250 pages long and I read very quickly as I is a quick read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a deep and meaningful book with love and loss that pulls on the heart strings. You get to know each character individually one by one and really start to feel for each person. A very haunting but beautiful read that will leave you wanting more as the ending is a cliff hanger. This book is rumoured to become a film and if it does I will defiantly go see this. There a sequel to this book called Where She Went and is written from Mia's boyfriends's point of view, I plan on buying and reading this book in the near future. I would recommend you read these books as the series goes as reading where she went will ruin If I stay for you.  I highly recommend anyone from teens to adults to read this book and I think people will enjoy this book.
4 out of 5
Hope you enjoyed todays book reviews.
Laura xx
*Image taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment