Wednesday 11 September 2013

Harm Done By Ruth Rendell.

Hey Guys,
Today is a short but sweet review of Harm Done By Ruth Rendell.

Blurb/synopsis: A young girl disappears, then another. A notorious paedophile is released back into the community. The residents of the Muriel Campden Estate are up in arms, and even prepared to take the law into their own hands...Chief Inspector Wexford is faced with the effects of violence and prejudice every day as a policeman, and he is also involved with a new programme to help victims of domestic violence. His daughter, Sylvia, has come to work nearby in a refuge for battered women. Her marriage is not a happy one, although her husband has never raised a hand to her. They are merely incompatible. Other women in Kingsmarkham are not so lucky...Wexford is soon called upon to investigate two extremely serious crimes which will affect the lives and attitudes of police and innocent villagers alike...
This book was written in 2000 and is 467 pages long and to be honest I read 100 pages and still couldn't get into it, so I didn't finish it. I don't know why but I didn't seem to enjoy this book as I have the other books I  read in the past. I'm not going to say its rubbish or don't go and read it as I didn't finish it. I can't really say if it was brilliant or not but for me it just wasn't one a could get into. Sorry for such a short book review.
Laura xx
*Image was taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment