Tuesday 28 May 2013

Top 5 Series

Hey Guys,
Today i thought i would talk to you about books series i would Recommend to everyone to read. I have thought long and hard which books i would recommend and came up with my top five books series as reading a series you tend to learn more about the characters more and they tend to follow on with each other. There is a bit of everything in my selection, just no si-fi as i have never really been into si-fi.
I would like to start by saying these are all my own opinions, if you have a few favorite books write it in a comment below and i will try and read the books.
My Top 5 Book Series.
1) Harry Potter By J.K.Rowling.
Who hasn't already read these books or even seen the films? Even though i am going to be 21 in September i still love these films and books. I also will be visiting Warner Brothers Studio soon I'm so excited. I find them very cleverly written for both children and adults to enjoy. Each book has it's own little twist and i love how the books follow on with each other. As these came out as i was growing up, these books were a huge part of my childhood and still are even though i am an adult. I still believe my mother hid my letter to Hogwarts haha. As you may or may not know there are 7 books to this series and 8 films. The titles of these books are: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows. You can purchase them books from Waterstones, Amazon and Ebay. You can purchase the films from and DVD shop where you live or Ebay or Amazon.
2) Scarpetta Novels By Patricia Cornwell.
As mentioned in a past blog here, i am a huge fan of the Patricia Cornwell novels. I would recommend everyone to read at least one of these stoires as they are gripping and keep you hooked. I would recommend reading the series in order as you get to know the characters more, but even if you read an odd book from the middle or the end it doesn't matter as they all have there own little story to them. The Scarpetta novels is an expanding series, just recently another book has been published by Patricia Cornwell called The Bone Bed and there will hopefully be more . In order so far the Titles are: Postmortem, Body of Evidence, All that Remains, Cruel and Unusual, The Body Farm, From Potter's Field, Cause of Dealth, Unnatural Exposure, Point of Origin, Black Notice, The Last Precinct, Blow Fly, Trace, Predator, Book of the Dead, Scarpetta, The Scarpetta Factor, Post Mortuary, Red Mist and The Bone Bed. All these can be purchased from Waterstones, Ebay and Amazon. If you would like me to review each of these books one by one let me know in the comments below.
3) Twilight By Stephenie Meyer.
As most people will have read the Twilight series and will have probably have watched the films also, there isn't much i will say as these speak for themselves but it is still one of my favorites book series of all time. Like Harry Potter these have also come out in film. I loved these books and each time a new films comes out i re-read all of the stories again as i am a big Twilight geek. I will say one thing that annoys me still to this day is why is it called the Twilight series? The first book was called Twilight yes but not all of them go on about Twilight. I think this will be the futures Romeo and Juliet, and i think our children will study this in literacy as we studied Romeo and Juliet or The tale of Two cities. There are four books and five films. The titles of these books are: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Braking Dawn. You can Purchase the books from Waterstones, Ebay and Amazon. You can purchase the Dvds from and Dvd shop by where you live or Ebay or Amazon.
4) Shopaholic Series By Sophie Kinsella.
The shopaholic series i started reading after i had watched Confessions of a Shopaholic film. I loved the film so much i wanted to read the books too right away and it didn't take me long to buy them. I have read all of the Sophie Kinsella's books and found them easy to read and they grab the reader from cover to cover, i did think that the end was a bit obvious with the first novel though but the books get better with each book. The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic and Confessions of a Shopaholic is the same book, but was re-written as Confessions of a Shopaholic for the film. I would like there to be other films for the other books as i think they would make great films as a chick flick comedy. The Shopaholic Series in order is: The Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Abroad, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic & Sister, Shopaholic & Baby and Mini Shopaholic. You can purchase the book from Waterstones, Ebay and Amazon. You can purchase the Dvd from any Dvd shop by where you live or Ebay or Amazon.
5) The Series of Unfortunate Events By Lemony Snicket.
This series is really more for children than adults but i had to put this in my top 5 as this was my favorite book series when i was growing up and i read this series 7 times whilst i was growing up.  These books helped me see how easy i had it as a kid, as these characters were always in trouble, i also used to wish me and my bothers and sister were like the characters in these novels as they were close and kind to each other but we never were a close family unfortunately . The series of Unfortunate Events came out as a film and as a game and i had both, but as i grew up and my sister had her first baby (my nephew) he heard about it and wanted the books and stuff and so i gave them to him and he loves them and still does now and he's 10. My nephew used to get me to watch the film with him all the time and read the books to him too, also as my sister has had more children since my nephew (she has four now) each child has had this series read to them and they all love it, so i know it's a winner with the children and it also a series i will be re-purchasing for my children, when i have children of my own. There 13 books to this series and they are: The Bad Beginning, The Reptile Room, The Wide Window, The Miserable Mill, The Austere Academy, The Ersatz Elevator, The Vile Village, The Hostile Hospital, The Carnivorous Carnival, The Slippery Slope, The Grim Grotto, The Penultimate peril and The End. You can purchase these books from Waterstones, Amazon and Ebay. You can purchse the Dvd from and Dvd shop by where you live, Amazon and Ebay. You can purchase the game from Amazon and Ebay.
I hope you enjoyed this top 5 book series. Leave a comment below of you favorite series or tell me if you have read any of these. Don't be scared to recommend any book to me i'll try anything.
Laura xx

*Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I have added a few sites where to purchase these books but some like Ebay or Amazon may have stopped selling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment